Here is a new PDF Sewing Pattern for a Tote Bag in two different sizes.
The bag has a pieced front and back panel that makes it great for using up some of the scrap fabric pile that seems to grow, at least in my sewing room.
The pattern is aimed at the beginner to confident beginner sewer.
The tote bag would be a great keep to keep your craft project or take it with you when you need to.
The bag could of course be used for anything, for example as a shopping bag or a beach bag.
What you need to make this pattern:
• Eight – 7” x 6” rectangles of at least four
• 15” of contrast fabric
• 16” of lining fabric
• 25” of iron on woven interfacing (light or
• 11″ x 2 1/2″ of heavy interfacing
• Twelve – 7” x 6” rectangles of at least six
• 20” of contrast fabric
• 20” of lining fabric
• 35” of iron on woven interfacing (light or
• 15″ x 3 1/2″ of heavy interfacing
For Both Sizes:
• Sewing machine
• Cutting mat, Rotary Cutter & Ruler
• General Sewing Supplies
All measurements are based on 42″ wide fabric and 36″ wide interfacing.
I hope you have as much fun making this pattern as I had designing it. The colour and print combinations are endless and you could play around with different type of fabrics like cotton drill or a home decor fabric for example.
Until next time – Take care and Happy Sewing!