This is a PDF sewing pattern for a tri-fold wallet with a twist lock closure. It has 14 card slots and a pocket for notes/bills. This pocket will also fit a smaller smart phone.
The wallet is good size to be used as a purse on it’s own, and also as a good size to put in a bigger bag.
On the back of the wallet is a coin pocket with an exposed zipper. There are many different possible colour combinations, zipper pulls etc.
A lot of different type of materials can be used, for example quilting cotton, canvas, pleather (faux leather) and vinyl. Just remember not to iron and put pins in pleather and similar material, use clips instead. A walking foot or teflon presser foot might also be needed for sewing in these materials.
This pattern is suitable for the intermediate sewer. I think putting effort in to folding and pressing the card slots is important for a good result.
Size: Width: 7 1/2″, Height: 4″, Depth: 1″
- Fat Quarter or 10” x 14” (25 x 35 cm) of fabric for outside of wallet
- 20” (50 cm) of fabric for lining, card slots and coin pocket.
- 10” x 14” (25 x 35 cm) of bag foam
- 10” x 14” (25 x 35 cm) of iron on woven interfacing
- 6” (15 cm) or longer nylon zipper
- 1” x ¾” (2.5 x 2 cm) approx. twist lock
- Sewing Machine with zipper foot
- General Sewing Supplies
Until next time, happy sewing and take care!