I have a new pattern for you.
This pattern is a good beginner project that can be made in a day or maybe a couple of hours for the more experienced sewer.
The pattern comes in two sizes:
Large – 11″ x 7 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
Small – 7 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ x 1″
To make both of them you need:
- 12” (30 cm) of fabric/oil cloth for outer fabric
- 20” (50 cm) of fabric for lining
- 12” (30 cm) or longer zipper (large)
- 8” (20 cm) or longer zipper (small)
- 12” x 25” (30 x 65cm) of thin iron on batting
- 20” x 25” (50 x 65 cm) of iron on woven interfacing
- Sewing Machine with zipper foot
- General Sewing Supplies
There is endless possibilities with colour combinations and type of fabric. Just remember not to iron or use pins on oil cloth, vinyl, pleather and similar material. The pins will leave permanent holes so it’s a lot better to use clips.
The bags also have pockets in the lining to help you keep things organised.
I hope you have as much fun as I did sewing these. The bags are also very useful when travelling or in a gym bag. The small one can be used to bring some make up in purse.
Until next time happy sewing and take care!